
I've been attending some lectures on Aberdeen's architecture these past few Monday nights. It's a short series given by one of my Trustees, Dr. Bill Brogden. If I could do it all over again, I'd study architecture, or maybe even more specifically, the history of architecture, but I digress. It's been nice to be able to look at Aberdeen through fresh eyes. How many times have I passed by that building and failed to notice the chimney is on a 45' angle (versus the usual 90')? Or stared at the booooring shop fronts, bemoaning the Brit's lack of fashion sense, whilst a quick glance up at the facade on the rest of the building would put a smile on my face. I guess it's nice to be forced to stop and take in these views that we pass by every day, take for granite'd (ha-ha) every day, even come to dislike every day, and see the beauty in their design.
2 comments:
I remember when you used to want to be an architect. It was right after you got your BA, before you went to L'Abri. Sounds like an interesting lecture/course.
So where's the architecture? I couldn't find any. dad
Post a Comment