7 April 2008

Project Time!

I've been a feeling like I need a new hobby (for lack of better word) lately. So I decided to check out what community classes were being offered and discovered an upholstery class out here in Cults. Excellent! I've always wanted to try my hand at upholstery, so thought this would be a great opportunity. I decided to dive in and do an armchair. It's taken me awhile to find one, particularly because I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money purchasing one (given class fees, fabric and materials costs, etc). Anyway, long made short, someone on Freecycle offered me this chair. I'm not 100% taken with it, as it's not what I had in my mind I wanted, but I really like the lines of the legs and think I can possibly do something with it - or at least will try. I scored some amazing fabric whilst we were back home, so I'm pretty much set! Watch this space...




Yes, it's hideous, but it will soon be beautiful!

1 comment:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

I love it! Can't wait to see your transformation...