17 September 2008

From one Sarah to another: Shoot this

Today was an historic day: I decided the fate for the rest of the world. That's some power! I know I'm a wee bit early, but I placed my vote for the US presidential election today. It's a nice feeling and was quite fun to see Obama's name on the ballot. (No points for guessing who my vote went to...)

This is actually the first time I've voted. In my adult life, I've always managed to be overseas during elections and never bothered with what I perceived as being a hassle - getting an overseas ballot. In truth, it was a ridiculously easy and quick process, which is encouraging. This is also the first election where I feel there is potential for change, campaign slogans aside. It's the first time where I actually want to vote. That takes some doing!

So to my fellow Democrats and to those wanting to right the wrongs - please do your thing.
To the Republicans - take the 11th off and stay home. You've done enough damage, dontcha think?


1 comment:

jboldwyn said...

Oooppss, Sarah, we vote on the FIRST Tues. of Nov. It's Nov. 4, not 11.