21 July 2009

Guess what time it is?

That's right, it's project time!

I've got me a new little project, and little it is. I picked up this sweet little cabinet in one of the back alleys a few weeks ago on evening walkies. It's solid wood and the best size. Initially I was going to use it as my bedside table, but it fits perfectly in this little spot in the bathroom and we desperately need some storage thingie in there, so I think that's where I'll put it.

I'm increasingly aware of the makeup of items we use and for several reasons, have picked a non-toxic, organic paint company to go with. It's my first time using them, so we'll see how it goes.

I've decided to paint the shell a dark white (called Dark Ice, in this case) but cannot decide what colour to do the little shelf interior - dark green Village, Rodeo Drive (pink!) or lighter green Agave. I've picked out two different knobs from Anthroplogie (1, 2) - both of which I love! Both colours go well in the bathroom. Decisions, decisions! Opinions are welcomed.


2 comments:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

You are so good at stuff like this! I really like your paint color choices, and in fact think you should try to make use of at least three of them. Maybe one color for the back wall of the shelf, on for the bottom, and one for the inside sides? But probably none of that will really show as it will be all full of stuff anyway. Let me know how you like that paint.

As for the knobs, wait until you've painted it to decide. I love them both, but they've very different and would each give a diff look.

The Haydens... said...

My vote is pink for the back wall of the shelf and agave green for the other 4 surfaces....and knob #2. Please post pics of the finished product! Can't wait to see how it turns out. =)