18 April 2010

A Victorian Fireplace Reborn

I was looking at the little fireplace in our bedroom the other day and thought it would look so much better with a little colour.

Right now, it's just black-washed, so you can't really see any of the cute flower details. I had some tester pots left over in the perfect colours, so this morning, I dug out my little brushes and went to work.

Before, boring:
 

After, amazing!
 

Even Dr. Skeptic was impressed. I discovered as I was painting that there are opium poppies dotted around the flowers (which don't look like poppies themself - more like some kind of daisy). If Mother Nature won't bring us spring this year, I'll just create it myself!

3 comments:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Wow! Truly impressed! I love these Before & After pics!

Christina Kliewer said...

Beautiful!

jboldwyn said...

Great colors, Sarah, and you did a very impressive job painting it! Who would have thot??