I've been remiss in my posting lately. Partly because I cannae be arsed to go through all the photos, and partly because I've not been around much. With 2 holidays on the go, we've been busy!
Anyway, while I work on the rest of our Italy and Norway photos, here are some domestic scenes from the in between times of July. We had some nice weather, which as usual, we took full advantage of.
We love to eat outside, which is unfortunately a rare event - so rare, it must be documented. Here's the set up.
Whoops - timing is off!
And the finish
We purchased a tiny but perfect bbq with some birthday money and set to.
Rosie isn't quite sure about it
My little potted garden has been doing ok. The lavender is blooming and has grown considerably from last year.
We have some tomatoes - not quite red though.
And some yummy Greek basil.
The 2 pepper plants from the neighbours now have peppers.
And the mystery vine has been revealed as honeysuckle! I gave it some plant food and it started blooming, so I'm quite pleased with its progress.
As said, nice weather is a bit of a rarity - it's usually like this:
Which means there're a lot of cuddles and reading going on.
We (i.e. Ole) thought it would be fun to get some en premier Port from 2007 as a nice wedding gift to ourselves. 2007 was classed as a vintage year for all houses and should produce some remarkable port, but we won't find out until many years from now. The box was finally delivered and is now safely stowed in an unmarked location until our 25th anniversary. Mark your calendars!




1 comment:
An interesting blog! I liked all the pictures/comments. I'll start by saying you really need to move--to a bit more warm climate. May I suggest CA--anywhere! We're still working at getting Greek basil to grow. Just started more jiffy pots this week. Maybe :) BBQ looks nice. The color brightens the backyard! Hope you enjoyed your dinner outside :)
Post a Comment