17 April 2011

Trip to Ghent

I'm a bit late posting these photos, but in March I went to Ghent for a few days with work. I got to travel with my friend Kate, so that was great fun. We maximised our business time, which meant we had an afternoon free to jolly around the town. It was a particularly stunning spring day - bright sun, everybody out having a drink waterside. Lovely.



Ghent is a really charming town. It's what the Brits call "chocolate box" pretty. It's quite old but they have managed to keep the buildings in really good condition (and none of this awful 1960s architecture either). According to Wiki, in the 13th c, it was the biggest European city after Paris - bigger than London, Moscow or Cologne. There are about 250,000 people now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It sure looks like terrible work! But I guess someone has to do it.

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

You got some great pics! Looks like a beautiful city.

Mrs. Shinn said...

Needing to see pics of the painting!!

jboldwyn said...

The architecture is amazing and very beautiful!