We've had quite a busy social calendar already this month. Only a few things have been documented, which is probably for the best.
We hosted our first ever (and very late) Julefrokost earlier in the month. It was a small (in dinner party numbers), but thorough affair. We had 4 courses, which isn't counting all the little courses within a course! It was really good fun. My colleague David and his partner Cristina joined us. Plenty of sild, snaps and beer were had.
We hosted our first ever (and very late) Julefrokost earlier in the month. It was a small (in dinner party numbers), but thorough affair. We had 4 courses, which isn't counting all the little courses within a course! It was really good fun. My colleague David and his partner Cristina joined us. Plenty of sild, snaps and beer were had.
In other news, my wait for an allotment is over! I received word a couple weeks ago that there was a quarter plot available. It's perfect size and comes already nicely laid out, with pear and apple trees at one end, berry bushes down the side, and a few little plots within.
It's in the middle of the allotment - so nice and sunny- just 2 minutes' walk from our home. And, there's a bee club with hives on site! I can't wait to get started. I've already planted some seeds in my seed tray...
We finally made it across to the Lake District last weekend. I last was there in 2000 and Ole never has been. It's a bit silly, considering it's only a 2 hour drive. The weather was, well, wintery. It was quite misty, which hampered photos, and very icy on paths, which meant we didn't do as much walking as we wanted, but we really enjoyed ourselves just the same.
I took advantage of a Living Social voucher and we stayed in a sort of B&B/Inn in the Winnlater Forest, just outside Keswick. It was a super charming place with the most amazing food. We had a 5 course dinner on our first night which was absolutely wonderful. I'd go back just for the food!
2 comments:
Wow! Shows how much I know about what you've been up to! The dinner looks amazing. And so snowy around there. I had no idea. Hope we can catch up soon.
that was from me, rach
Post a Comment