I don't know if you've noticed, but dipped furniture is all the rage lately and I'm loving it. And desperate to try it myself. I picked up this plant stand for a few quid in town with the aim of using it as a small side table next to the sofa in the spare room. Nice, but boring. Ah-ha! A project potential!
First step is to tape off the sections where I do, or do not, want paint.
First step is to tape off the sections where I do, or do not, want paint.
Then, paint away! I used a spray paint. Not eco-friendly, I know. But it gives a much better finish on something like this than brushes/rollers do.
Peel off the tape to reveal the dipped legs!
In situ. I may have to get another one and do another colour!
Update: Sorry for the photos not working before. Google glitch. I've also since purchased a second stand - 1/2 price!! - and am sourcing some paint. Plan is to paint this one mustard yellow but, wait for it, pait the top rather than bottom half. Photos no doubt forthcoming.
1 comment:
+1
Post a Comment