26 April 2008

Project No. 2

As if re-upholstering an armchair wasn't enough to keep me out of trouble, I've now got another project on the go. We got this little writing desk from a colleague in the Council. She and her husband got it in an antique store 35+ years ago. Not sure how old or what kind of wood it is, but it's really a sweet little desk. I've got to clean it up, do a bit of sanding and change those knobs! Am looking at a few different ones at Anthropologie but will gladly take suggestions/recommendations. (If link doesn't work, they're under Decorating, Hardware, Knobs.)



1 comment:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

I love it! What a darling desk. It conveys a feeling of a different era. It reminds me of the book A Woman of Independent Means, which I finished this weekend and you now MUST read. What sort of knobs are you looking for? I can check stores over here for you, too - hardware and houseware stores sometimes have a nice selection and aren't as pricey as the Anthropologies ones (although I do love them!)