When we were driving around in Sweden, I suddenly took notice of their road chevrons (signs indicating turns/curves are coming up). This was because they were blue & yellow - the colours of the Swedish flag. I thought this was a funny coincidence until getting back to Denmark, where I noticed theirs were red & white - the colours of the Danish flag! I managed to get a speeding shot of a Danish sign.

The only one I could find of the Swedish chevron is from a travel blog online, hence this, um, person in the photo.

Back in Britannia, they're boring black & white. So, what do you think? A Scandinavian thing or do other countries display national pride through their road chevrons?
1 comment:
An interesting thought! I've never noticed. Our signs are combo's of yellow, red, black, white. I think that's it. . .
Post a Comment