Here are some remaining photos from when Niels & Cate came to visit. We made steak & Guinness pie using the NY Times recipe (without trotter). It was amazing. The flavour - out of this world! I can only attribute the uniqueness of the taste to the Guinness - secret ingredient!
We also went for high tea at our fave haunt, Jesmond Dene House.
5 comments:
Thanks for the recipe link! I already have Guinness in the fridge! What I'd like to know is how pig's feet broth can be substituted with cheedar? Bizarro.
Can't wait for the Aberdeen pics!
It was superb! Thanks Sarah!
Glad you liked it Trish! Definitely a thing to do during winter, given how long it takes and how hot the kitchen can get. My pie top didn't turn out that pretty, but you can substitute mashed potatoes or couscous for a pie "crust" if wanted.
Okay, so your steak & Guiness pie totally makes me think of this INCREDIBLE recipe from Williams Sonoma: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/recipedetail.cfm?objectid=A3F7E1DB-E41C-E23E-FBA1EA0EE6A953B1
You must check it out. I've never made it, but have had it torn out for months. Look at how they make the crust. Is that amazing or what? Maybe we'll must do when we're there. . . ?
Post a Comment