25 May 2009

Bank Holiday - Hooray!

This past weekend was a Bank Holiday weekend here. For many at home, it was also Memorial Day weekend, which means we all had Monday off. It's usually standard fare that for the late May Bank Holiday, everyone digs out their BBQ, forces their pale white selves into shorts and sandals, and braves what will inevitably be a wash out.

Not this year!

No, it's been marvellously sunny and HOT! As I type, it is 23'c outside and clear blue skies. Ole's had a lot of marking to do, so we've mostly stayed at home. But we've spent a lot time outside, reading & marking & laying about.

Rosie trying to keep cool on the ground
 


Reading in the back yard
 


 


Ole doing his marking
 


Rosie trying to keep cool - take II
 


Me & Rosie laying out


 


 



 


 

3 comments:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Cute pics! I like the self-portrait of the two of you. You've been sun bathing more than I have!!

Unknown said...

Ole! Your legs are whiter than Rosie!! :-)

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Ole, I think you may need about 4 more days of that.

Jon