10 May 2010

Spring Cleaning

We've tackled spring cleaning with a vengence this year. The big project was to repaint the walls in the back yard, which required a lot of prep work as crumbling mortar was an issue. We also re-arranged things, moving the bike shed from the sunny spot to the shady spot, which will hopefully help flowers grow a bit better.

Evidence of spring already!
 

 

 

 

The infamous formerly dead vine is making a vicious comeback.
 

In the spare room, I've been cleaning out drawers, cupboards, bookshelves - in the case of the latter, removing it completely! There was a horrible and useless little shelf in the alcove on the other side of the fireplace, which I took out and replaced with some nice photos.

 

 

And of course, the finished fireplace in our bedroom. I'm quite chuffed with it. :)
 

3 comments:

chuck_stache said...

Ambitious!
Brit planted some flowers last week and then it snowed like 4 inches yesterday...

Unknown said...

Chuffed?

jboldwyn said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Good job with your "back yard" painting and planting.