29 January 2011

Waiting for spring

We have a little wooden bird box mounted on the back wall. It was there when we moved in and I'm sure it was there even before the previous tenants.



Last year we saw some birdy interest in the box and at one point thought a family moved in. But alas there's not been any such habitants and it's lain empty.



I decided to clean it out in case there were ghosts scaring off potential tenants. So I took it down and prised the nails off the roof and peered inside to find.....


Nothing! Well, not really. It was neatly packed with nesting materials. So cleaned that out (props to OWP for doing this) and stuck it back up on the wall. Here's to hoping for some birdy neighbours this spring!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

chuck_stache said...

I have a feeling that your invitation to nature is going to be regretted.

Sarah Pedersen said...

Rearrange these words in the correct order Charles: Rain Don't My On Parade