I was introduced to Fat Rascals the first time I went to Betty's Tea House in York. And every time I go back, it's the one thing I get and love. They are THE best scones!
I saw a recipe for them the other day and thought I'd try to replicate. They have mixed dried fruit, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange and lemon zest (although I had neither, so used a grapefruit - seemed to work), and are topped with a glacee cherry and almond.
The little guys getting ready for the oven.
I saw a recipe for them the other day and thought I'd try to replicate. They have mixed dried fruit, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange and lemon zest (although I had neither, so used a grapefruit - seemed to work), and are topped with a glacee cherry and almond.
The little guys getting ready for the oven.
Done! They're not over baked - honest. It's just the eggwash.
Served with a dollop of clotted creme (this one looks like a scarf around the cherry) and a cup of coffee. Have to confess, they're pretty darn good!

1 comment:
LOVE your mug! Love it! And the scones look yummy too!
Post a Comment