15 October 2011

Getting Crafty 1

I've had a very productive day, finishing off a couple projects that had been in my "to do" box for awhile. The first was a super easy project that hopefully will have a high impact on our house temperature and heating bill: making a door draught excluder.

Last year I used a rolled up towel - not exactly aesthetically pleasing. This year I'm going better and making a sausage dog.  First step: cut the legs off a pair of tights (these were too short for me).

Second: stuff with stuffing.

Third: sew on eyes. These are some vintage buttons from a coat that I had updated a couple years ago.

Fourth: add ears. I used some of Ole's short summer socks. He won't mind, right? 

Here's the gap under the door leading to the entry way. As you can see, the floors in our house are seriously wonky. This is what you get when you build on clay and then start mining out the whole bottom of the city. 

Introducing Harvey, the helping hund!

Isn't he a cutie?

1 comment:

chuck_stache said...

Couldn't you train Rosie to do that?