24 April 2013

Curtains

I got a bee in my bonnet last week about making some curtains for our bedroom. I mean, who wants black curtains in their bedroom?

Or dark blue velvet curtains?


Or curtains that are different lengths, materials and colours, for that matter?


I had found some gorgeous material online, but at £20+ per square meter, it was just too expensive. So we took a trip to the fabric warehouse and came home with some bright stripy stuff that was £7 per square meter. That's more like it!

The downside to having such HUGE windows is that it requires a lot of material for making curtains. Not only is this an expense (see above) but it's a right hassle when cutting and sewing lengths. 



Thank goodness I had my trusty assistant on hand. 
 
 I'm pretty pleased with the end result. It's certainly better than what was there before! 
 
I mean, they're the same colour/pattern AND length!



I'm pretty impressed that the hems line up.



All in a weekend's work and done before the baby arrives. Success!

1 comment:

Nellie said...

Want to come do my windows next? ;P Same problem with this 100 yr old farm house. Great job!