I'm blasting through my "projects to finish" list. Next up is the Ercol arm chair. Long story short - I ended up getting this chair last summer for maybe £20. It's quite vintage - the owners had had it since the 60s. It was in a bit of a sorry state. Check out those home made cushion covers. Not exactly my style.
Also, the webbing was shot. This ain't gonna hold anybody up!
Also, the webbing was shot. This ain't gonna hold anybody up!
So I got new webbing and cleaned up the wood.
I knew I wanted to use Hudson Bay style blanket to recover the chair. But those are crazy expensive (even very used, imperfect ones) and I couldn't justify cutting one up. So my mom found a knock-off on ebay and got it for me! I had just enough to cover the chair and make 1 pillow cover.
It was a bit of a chore to sew the covers. The cushions are rounded and I had to put in zippers and align the stripes. Plus the fabric is really thick and my little sewing machine was struggling. But I persevered and am really pleased with the final result. These chairs are a bit low to the ground, which isn't good for pregnant people, but really inviting for anybody else to just sit back and relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment