24 November 2008

Farewell, Finchams

Rosie's favourite friend Joni came to visit this past weekend. It was her last few days in the UK before moving back to the States and we're all quite sad about that, so we won't talk about it anymore.

We took Joni out to have English Afternoon Tea at the Jesmond Dene House. 3 words - cakes, cakes, cakes! It was sumptuous, although I could quite easily go another year before going back again. I'm still stuffed.

On Friday, Joni & I walked around the town, stopping by the Sage Gateshead (amazing building), Baltic arts centre (excellent gift shop & views) and getting some super yummy dark cherry mochas at Starbucks (not as sweet as you'd think!). We had the first snow of the season, so it was cold, but it was a gloriously sunny weekend.





2 comments:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

I hope 4-6 months from now isn't too soon to go back for T! Cause we must do it the two of us!

jboldwyn said...

And then again a couple of months after Rachel's tea!