15 November 2008

Saturday Shopping

Much to Ole's dismay, we went into town today. I had been wanting to check out the market, which I understand is pretty good. Wow. Was it ever!

Grainger Market is in the heart of the city centre, in this jewel of a Victorian building. We cruised around, checked it out, and made a few purchased for our wine & cheese night tonight. The cheese shop alone is enough to win you over! They had EVERYTHING and then some, and it was dead cheap. We got 5 different cheeses for £8. Nice! There are several butchers, fishmongers, green grocers, tea & coffee shops, pet shop, fabric shops, people who fix various things, etc. Pretty much everything you need.

We've decided to support local business and produce, and do the bulk of our weekly shopping at the market. It'll be interesting to see how it impacts on our budget, because I think we'll actually get better quality items at cheaper prices, and that sounds like a winner to me.

2 comments:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Mmmmmm...Cheese...yes.

JRS

jboldwyn said...

I want to go there as well :)