27 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Can you believe it's Thanksgiving already? I can't. It kinda caught me by surprise this year. We were debating having people over, but I ended up working this week (despite being on annual leave - ha!) and, well, it all just ran away. So, I tried to do a small scale, funky version of Thanksgiving fixin's, but for 2 people with limited prep time. Here's what we had:

Turkey tacos
Cranberry salsa
Sweet potato chips
Harvest beer
Pear & pistachio cake

(here's a bad photo of our meal - I'm not kidding about needing a new camera)


We did, however, miss being with the Finchams. We've celebrated T-day with them for the last 3 years. Anyway, we're both really thankful for family & friends, of course, and for good, steady jobs in a time of instability in all sectors. What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

chuck_stache said...

i'm thankful that a certain little furry creature isn't so snotty anymore!