31 January 2009

How much is that doggie in the basket?

Rosie got her furcut today. We've been taking her to a shop just off of Gosforth High Street. It's a 30 minute walk (one way) and as she gets left there for 3 hrs, it means we make the round trip twice = 2 hrs of walking. That's a lot of time out of my Saturday afternoon, so I decided to pick her up on the bike.

I got this great basket for my bike from Niels & Cate for Christmas. It's specially made for transporting small dogs. I like it because it has a wire frame (aka. cage), so it keeps her nice and safe, and IN the basket, rather than jumping out. She hasn't gone on too many rides, but she did great today. People were quite amused when we would fly by. I can see us making much more use of it, especially now that we're car-less.





Gratuitous Ole & Rosie Photo

2 comments:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Would she jump out if not for the cage??

Ole Windahl Pedersen said...

Yes, especially if she saw a cat/dog/kite (which is what she is looking at in the photo). She has no sense of height or danger. No road sense whatsoever.