22 June 2009

June Birthdays

All 3 of us have our birthdays in June, so it's been a busy month, full of lavish meals, desserts, and of course, presents!

Ole's birthday was this past Friday. He chose hotdogs as his special meal, so we had some mighty fine dogs for dinner. I got adventurous and made a mud pie for dessert. I used Mcvittie biscuits crushed for the base, and then poured home-made chocolate fudge sauce on the top. After that set, I put some peanut butter on top of that, then a layer of vanilla ice cream and finally a layer of cookies & cream ice cream to top it all off. I tried some sparklers as candles, but they weren't too impressive.

We had hired a car for the weekend so on Sunday we drove out to Belsay Hall. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time exploring the quarry gardens, Hall and other bits to the estate.

Rosie's birthday is today - happy 3 years!


No comments: