7 November 2009

Starry Night

I was playing around with my camera's "night time" function earlier this week. I hoped to caputre the ghostliness of the trees which line a street along our evening walkies route, but the camera's default (and minimum) shutter speed for this setting is 15 seconds, which is too much. Plus, I need a tripod.

The trees in question
 

A lit path along our way - night setting
 

Same path - normal setting
 

View across the Moor, city lights in distance
 

1 comment:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

I bet you could put it on the "S" (shutter) function - I can do this on my panasonic but not sure if yours has this function. This will let you control the shutter speed. 15 seconds?!?!?! Dios mio. Too long. Also try the custom setting ("C" on the dial) or even the "P" setting. You should be able to set your shutter speed somewhere, but Scenes will not let you change nary a thing.