6 November 2010

Do you know how dusty your ceiling is?

No? I didn't think so.

We decided to tackle our ceiling lamps. We never did them when we moved in and don't imagine they were done much before that. I thought I'd have to wash them, which I dreaded. But after taking them down and having a look, realised they were just really dusty - not sticky, dirty as I anticipated.

Here's the collection. Can you see the fuzz? Look at that section on the left one that's hanging loose. Gross!
 

Ole said it looked like they were wearing wool jumpers.
 

Night and day. I took them out to the alley and just brushed them with a broom. You can tell the difference between the left (clean) and the right (dusty).
 

We continued our cleaning mission today by hoovering - yes, hoovering - the picture rails and ceiling cornicing.
 

Kids - don't try this at home. This is a highly trained professional at work here.
 

3 comments:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

sexy.

jboldwyn said...

And you're coming to my house?? I guess I have work to do! :(

Unknown said...

I have been worrying about this very same thing for years. I thought it was just me; I didn't realize there were others out there who also had this problem -- I feel your pain!...It has been keeping me awake at night!...When you come, will you help us?...Dad