28 August 2011

Putting it to the vote

It's a 3 day weekend for us, which means project time for me. I decided that it would be "fun" to paint the drawer fronts of our desk, which hitherto has been quite an uninspiring (read: boring) but highly functional (read: boring) piece of furniture.

Given I only wanted tester pots (because wouldn't require that much paint), I was quite limited in choice of colours. So I ended up with coral, sweetcorn, waves and pea. Yummy.

My dilemma is this: 3 drawers on one side, 2 on the other. So what should I paint the big 1 drawer on the 2nd side? I present a few options below. Please let me know your vote by Monday.

The original plan was this: orange (for the pull outs), yellow, blue and green.
 

But when I see the yellow and blue together, I think Swedish flag, ca. 1984 (particularly on the right side where there's just yellow and blue).
 

2nd option is to put the green in the middle:
 

Which would mean painting the big drawer green (you'll have to use your imagination to visualise). The green is much less grey than in these photos - poor lighting. It really is a lovely pea green.
 

Further plans (i.e. not this weekend) are to sand down/strip the rest of the desk and leave a very light bare wood. Ole suggested maybe painting it white, which could fly. We'll see.

No comments: