We've started ordering all our groceries online at Tesco. Well, I actually order them through this amazing website that lets you compare what the product would cost at other major brand supermarkets. Tesco is the cheapest, and in this time of penny pinching, we're all about the cheap.
Anyway, it's great. Instead of us taking the Metro to Tesco, shopping, and lugging the stuff back home (about 1.5-2hr excursion), I can order online, from the comfort of my home, in my PJs, at the time of my choosing; pick the 2-hr window I want it to be delivered; and get the whole thing done in less than 30 minutes, for less money than it would cost us to do it ourselves (considering transportation). AND, as an added bonus, I don't have to put up with Mr. Grumpy Pants at the supermarket! That's worth the cost of delivery alone.
Our weekly shop arrived tonight. They deliver it to your house in crates (because we choose to be bag-free). Crates are then left until they make a new delivery.
Old crates waiting to be picked up
Westie inspecting new delivery
3 comments:
Poo on Ole. Grocery shopping MOST CERTAINLY is blogg-able. It is an art, for the best shoppers among us (me and you). I did online shopping/delivery a few times when we lived in the UK (not an option here - we DRIVE everywhere in our cars, you know). But is the cost of delivery cheaper than taking the bus? Sometimes I split order with my neighbor next door. The convenience sure is unbeatable; hauling everything in arms is rough, and it means you have to go more frequently.
Delivery is between £3.50 - £5.00, depending on time of day, etc. So yes, it's cheaper than 2 bus or Metro tickets.
I thought they had online shopping there...? Maybe not as popular as here.
I love this idea! I wish Trader Joe's would do this... Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment