We went to dinner last Friday at our new friend's place. Colin (who is a Lecturer with Ole) and Aoife (who is a Lecturer at Durham) are both Irish - Colin being from Northern Ireland and Aoife (pronounced eee-fee)being from the Republic. We had an excellent evening at their flat in Gateshead and were surprised to find how relatively little time it took us to walk home (around 45 minutes), given they're on the south side of the Tyne. Newcastle really is a little big city!
Anyway, during the evening of hilarity, we got on the topic of how the Irish, like the Scots, like to claim anyone - including our new President. Apparently, this one village in Ireland claims presidential links, and there's a band with a video to prove it! As I've now had this ridiculous song in my mind for the last few days, I thought I'd share the love:
1 comment:
I love it! It's in my head now, too! BARE-RICK. hahahaha
Post a Comment