3 November 2010

NYC Highlights

We had such a great time in NYC last week. Ole's conferences and presentations went great; flights were smooth, despite strikes; apt was perfect; and weather was balmy!

As you can probably imagine, I have hundreds of photos. I'll be compling a photo album with mine & dad's photos. But until then, thought I'd put up some snaps of the highlights. I hadn't intended for there to be so many photos! But it was hard to weed them out - so fun was our time together.

Pumpkins! I miss pumpkins. They were everywhere, neatly lined up outside tiny cornershop greengrocers.
 

It was sooo good to see mom & dad. We had a blast being tourists! A new tradition.
 

Our apartment was only a few doors away from Central Park. It really is as beautiful as they say.
 

 

 

TIMES SQUARE! MENTAL!
 

 

The Subway is crazy. The trains hurtle through the stations and only when they come to a screeching halt do you realise they aren't just passing through.
 

Down on Wall Street we saw where George Washington took his oath as President. I didn't know that happened in New York.
 

We walked onto a film set while cruising around Greenwich Village. I'm waiting for the royalities to roll in.
 

We had a nice cuppa in the Village.
 

MMMM, pizza. It really is delicious!
 

How crazy are the skyscrapers?!
 

We spent a day at the Met(ropolitan Museum) and got to see the amazing Bambu exhibit before it was torn town.
 

Some view, eh.
 

We continued our Met-tastic day with an evening opera. It was La Boheme - the set, the singing, the atmosphere - once-in-a-lifetime!
 

One of the best perspectives of Manhattan is by boat. Classic.
 

 

We spent a day at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
 

I couldn't resist.
 

 

 

What's New York without a little double parking?!
 

We had a super yummy breakfast in a classic diner. Yes, Ole, there are unlimited refills.
 

Ole was happy he got to go to 30 Rock.
 

Look to the cookie! A symbol of racial harmony.
 

2 comments:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Love these. My fav is of you and the nose.

jboldwyn said...

You're pictures are ssooo good that I can hardly wait for the album!! What a fun experience that was :)