At the beginning of April, I spent a few days in Brussels for work. (EU funding seminar - interesting to a sad old person like me.) I had a lot of free time on my hands, so spent the time walking around, taking in the sites - some tourist (like the Mannekin Pis), some not (like the flea market).
It was my first time in Brussels and I really liked it. It's quite small, but packed with little architectural gems, a plethora of restaurants catering to all tastes, sidewalk pubs & cafes galore, and more chocolate shops than you can dream of. Some particular highlights were that flea market (it had EVERYTHING!) and the surrounding antique shops, and the comic book "graffiti" that was everywhere. They are, strangely, obsessed with all things comic book related. Of course, the Grand Place was stunning, even if packed with tourists.
3 comments:
1.) What is the Grand Place?
2.) I like your new camera - Great pics!
3.) You should DEF submit photo #42 to a few photo contest. Fo sho. Incredible.
4.) It makes me sad to think of you enjoying that beer all by yourself.
1. Grand Place is basically a big old market square. It's surrounded - hemmed in, really - by amazing buildings. Apparently, they're guild houses, but this wasn't obvious to me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Place
2. I'm still getting a feel for how to handle the camera, but I love it lots. It'll be cool to compare them side-by-side when you come over.
3. Thanks! I'll need to look up which one that is. ;)
4. Yeah, it was a bit weird. I made friends one night at a sidewalk cafe with an american lawyer and a Hungarian IT geek. We shared beers and watched an interesting war of words with the cafe owner and some guy that involved a lot of spitting and face slapping.
hey sari!
still so sad that we couldn't meet up...no worries though! looking forward to seeing you in august! love the pics-what camera do you have?
lot's of hugs to you-
amesr
Post a Comment