17 August 2009

Celebrations in Cambridge

Our friends Helen & Tony were married this past weekend at Clare College, Cambridge, where the beautiful & brilliant Helen, M.D., is finishing her PhD. We were privileged to join their celebration, which was truly beautiful.

The ceremony was held in Clare College Chapel, with Pimms & Champagne on the Student's Garden lawn, River Cam-side, afterwards. They couldn't have had a more beautiful day! The weather was perfect. Dinner and festivities were then held in the College Hall, Hogwarts style. It was amazing. (Dinner = 1st, mushroom pasta; 2nd, monk fish; 3rd, venison; 4th, lemoncello semifredo; 5th coffee; 6th, petite fours.)

We all then went downstairs to the cellar, which I presume is the College's student union, where we danced and chatted the night away. I think I could get used to life as a Cambridge student...

Ole & I stayed just outside Cambridge at Byron's Lodge B&B in Grantchester, a delightful, Byronic village. The only down-side to the whole weekend was that we couldn't stay longer and enjoy the area. Alas, no more holidays. :(

No comments: